Followers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Post number 2. Recently I started getting a better hold on future careers and ambitions. I talked to one of my mentors about the cinematic arts. I've always been interested in analyzing films and figuring out what aspects go into film production-behind the scenes. Production Designers and Visual Effects Producers work out what special effects are needed to create the overriding feel of a film that the producer and director are trying to convey. They hire the sculptors, animators, and other artists to join in the creation of the visual effects in the film. I was really inspired by films such as What Dreams May Come, where a father travels through a paint created dream land to find his wife's soul, and Inglorious Basterds.







but i might have to start with the clapperboard...

1 comment:

  1. I really think that it would be cool to work on a movie with the director. I guess I haven't really thought about how many people it takes to make one movie, like sculptors, animators, etc. I love to see behind the scenes of movies on DVD's but it would be a once in a life time experience if I could be standing there watching it in person, like they do. I haven't seen the movie Inglourious Basterds but I would like to see it one of these days. I think that if you want to work in the cinematic arts, you should because it would be awsome and a once in a lifetime job.

    ReplyDelete